Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Would you take a job that paid no more than unemployment and left you out of pocket?

I know that with low paid and part time jobs you can get a government top up to bring your wages up to the unemployment rate 锟?5. per week. This is barely enough to live on and with the expense of work, travelling, food and clothes you often end up out of pocket. Many people choose unemployement because of this financial black hole.



Would you take a job that paid no more than unemployment and left you out of pocket?tax credit





Several years ago I was unemployed, and finding it difficult to get a job. I did voluntary work, and I worked part time earning less than I would have got if I had stayed on the dole. I kept on applying for better paid work. I hated my part time job. I had to start work at 7.30am, getting no financial gain for this. I also begrudged paying for my travel to work because it made me even worse off.



Within a few months, I got a better paid job. I am certain that my voluntary work, and my part time work convinced my next employer that I was keen to work, helping me to get the better job.



Would you take a job that paid no more than unemployment and left you out of pocket?

loan



dont think anybody could afford to|||What rubbish, people don%26#039;t choose unemployment|||Yeah i would work because it has more self achievement than sitting doing F all.|||I would rather say that i worked for my money no matter how little it was. Nothing wrong the other way its just the way i am.|||Why Would you do that|||I am on 锟?4 a week benefits full time at college as what i get is not enough for the lifestyle i want and that is why i am at college.|||NO i wouldn%26#039;t But those POLISH FCUKER%26#039;S would.|||I wouldn%26#039;t take benefits full stop.



I%26#039;d take any work I could get, do the best job I possibly could, get good references and claw my way to the top.



If pride doesn%26#039;t motivate someone to work then neither will money - it is just an excuse for the lazy to sit on their fat butts taking money from those who have some self-worth.|||When you have sat on unemployment for so many weeks.



It does run out. Then you have to get the other job anyway.



So turn it around.



Work for your self-pride. And then, when you lose your job.



You will %26quot;then%26quot; be able to draw the unemployment, that you



have %26quot;not run out of,%26quot; by sitting on your duff. %26lt;}:-})|||yes i would. taking unemployment benefit is the last thing on earth i want to do.|||That doesn%26#039;t even sound live onable for 2 days!! Is that a serious salary??



But the alternative is long term unemployment which is so much worse!!

No comments:

Post a Comment