Friday, June 26, 2009

Does unemployment insurance pay all of my check, or does my former employer have to pay more?

I was employed from January 2005 until June 2006 with employer A. I left employer A because I was offered more hours, a higher rate of pay, and moved my home 30 miles closer to employer B, which I started in February 2006. (Yes, I was working at both for a time).



Employer B made a statement once referencing a former employee, saying %26quot;And I am STILL paying her unemployment after all this time%26quot;



I have been laid off from Employer B as of 3 weeks ago. I am wondering....



1) If I collect unemployment, does it come from just the UI that was paid in by employers, or do they have to make further payments?



2) Would those payments come from Employer B, or Both A%26amp;B?



I understand that employers pay unemployment insurance, but I don%26#039;t understand if they actually pay more money when an employee makes a claim.



Thanks!



Does unemployment insurance pay all of my check, or does my former employer have to pay more?va loan





It%26#039;s called unemployment insurance because it%26#039;s an insurance program where employers pay in on behalf of employees. The money UI pays you come from the UI fund and does not come directly from B or A. Because B laid you off, it%26#039;s possible they are going to raise his premium in the future and it%26#039;s also possible B has to keep paying the premium for you until you are off the program. I don%26#039;t know how they do it. But, A will have nothing to do it.



Does unemployment insurance pay all of my check, or does my former employer have to pay more? loan



I wouldn%26#039;t go for any get rich schemes as most are a scam. Unemployment usually this goes by quarters and I am not sure how far back a quarter goes but usually it is the employer you worked for last year and it is figured by your salary at that previous job. You also have to earned a certain amount at your present job (the one you got laid-off) at in order to draw it from that previous employer. Both the employer and employee pay the money in, I think

No comments:

Post a Comment